Tuesday, November 9, 2010

re: 30th Annual Key West SBI Offshore World Championships Day 1







The day started off dark and brisk as I was leaving work and driving to the Indianapolis Airport at 4AM Monday morning. Got to Atlanta and learned that my connecting flight to Key West had been canceled due to high winds. As luck would have it they had scheduled a flight on a smaller plane and I was able to get the last seat, Whooo. The weather in Key West was surprisingly similar to that in Central Indiana cloudy and cool, at least for Key West only 65!!! But I digress the Truman Annex is where it is always hot with about 40 boats in the pit area so far. About 40 more boats should be showing up today for the races which will be held on Wednesday, Friday, and Sunday. And as Day 1 in Key West ends I leave you with the famous sunset from Mallory Square.

No comments:

Post a Comment